Thursday 11 August 2011

Review: The Body Shop Big and Curvy Mascara (Non-Waterproof)


EEEEEE!!! IT'S MY FIRST REVIEW SOOOO EXCITED!!! Erm, yes ok. So, for my first review I decided to do something a bit different, with a product that hasn't gotten too much press, The Body Shop's Big and Curvy Mascara. Now, one might think that mascara is a fairly straightforward thing, and I suppose you would be right in some cases, but for me personally, I find it very tricky to find a mascara that does ANYTHING to my lashes. I am half Indian, so my lashes are already quite dark and thick as is (not bragging, this is actually annoying!). Anywho, I think I have just found an amazing mascara! Here's a picture of me with the mascara on:




As you can see, it isn't SUPER dramatic, but it is most definitely there! This mascara is amazing. It separates each of my lashes, lengthens them, and even makes them look thicker! It adds drama, without being obnoxious, which to me, is super important for an everyday mascara. 

I think my favourite thing about this product is the wand. All too often now with mascaras that seem to promise 400 MILLION TIMES the lashes, that seems to automatically mean you get a wand the size of your face, resulting in many a poked eye. Somehow, The Body Shop has been able to come up with a formula that provides volume and length, and still give us a wand small enough to get to each lash, on both the upper AND lower lashlines! (Which by the way is a fabulous way to really open up the eye area).

Now, with all this ranting and raving about how awesome this product is, you may think I have nothing bad to say about it. 

Wrong.

There are a couple of things about this product I'm not crazy about. The first thing is the smell. For whatever reason this stuff smells like mud. I wouldn't say that it's super noticeable when you have it on, but when you open the tube, it definitely is there. 

The second thing I'm not thrilled with is the price. As a contact lens wearer, I have to be especially careful to replace my mascara fairly often. No one wants little critters living in their mascara wand. Having said that, this mascara retails for about 18 bucks, which I think is a tad expensive. For 18 bucks, I expect a bit more drama than what this mascara delivers.

Overall, I would recommend this mascara. It's great for everyday, easy to use, comes from a company that doesn't test on animals, and is also available in the ever elusive brown, great for those who can't quite pull off darker mascaras.

Thanks for reading! Happy beautifying!

- Anita :)




The Body Shop Big and Curvy Mascara

Ease of use: 5 / 5 
Accessibility: 4 / 5
Price: 3 / 5 
Quality: 4.5 / 5

Overall:

 out of 5


No comments:

Post a Comment